Entertainment - NY Daily News

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

American Idiot film

The popular band and might I say one of my favorites Green Day is coming to the big screen. After bringing the "American Idiot" musical the guys look towards bigger things. Although nothing has yet been confirmed, it appeares to be a significant step in the almost six-year-old saga of thefilm version of the band's massive 2004 album. Its already getting its star studded cast, as sources say Tom Hanks might be involved, the band laughed when asked if they will make a film out of it but now they are actually taking it serious and are hopeful to see what happens. Until a deal is made we will just have to stay and wait for this epic movie. Until then previews of Green Day's "American Idiot" musical begin at New York's St. James Theatre on Wednesday, and the show will officially open on April 20. i think a movie would be awesome, not sure about the singing lets hope the guys make the best decision! and GIVE THE FANS WHAT THEY WANT. The album itself achieved popularity worldwide, charting in 26 countries and reaching number one in nineteen of them, including the United States and the United Kingdom. Since its release, American Idiot has sold over 14 million copies worldwide, including 267,000 in its opening week. Ive searched the net for more news on this and have found numerous "facts", some I dont believe is true and others that may have potential, but I wont get my hopes up until the word comes from the guys mouths.

1 comment:

  1. OMG!! I seen previews for this and I think I want to see it! But Broadway plays are nobody's cheap. So I might just wait to see the movie if they decide to go that route.

    ReplyDelete